Sunday, October 11, 2009

For Starters...


Hi Folks... I love sports, anything and everything about it. So here's my little tribute to wonderful thing that everyone is raving about may it be American Football, Baseball, Soccer, Basketball...called SPORTS!

For my initial post... here are...

Top 10 Hilarious Sports Quotes Of All Time

1. Well, I see in the game in Minnesota that Terry Felton has relieved himself on the mound in the second inning. — Fred White, Kansas City Royals sportscaster, reading a wire-service summary that mistakenly showed the same starter and relief pitcher for the Minnesota Twins.

2. “I’ve never had major knee surgery on any other part of my body.” – Winston Bennett, University of Kentucky basketball forward.

3. “We’re going to turn this team around 360 degrees.” – Jason Kidd, upon his drafting to the Dallas Mavericks.

4. “I’ve won at every level, except college and pro.”
-Shaquille O’Neal, on his lack of championships.

5. “I quit school in the sixth grade because of pneumonia. Not because I had it, but because I couldn’t spell it.”
-Boxing great Rocky Graziano

6. “I owe a lot to my parents, especially my mother and father”
-Greg Norman

7. “I’m rich. What am I supposed to do, hide it?”
-Detroit Tiger Lou Whitaker, arriving in a stretch limo for a players’ union meeting during the 1994 baseball strike.

8. “The doctors X-rayed my head and found nothing.”
Dizzy Dean explaining how he felt after being hit on the head by a ball in the 1934 World Series.

9. “I can play in the center, on the right, and occasionally on the left side.” – soccer star David Beckham, asked if he was a “volatile” player.

10. “Half this game is ninety per cent mental.” – Danny Ozark, Philadelphia Phillies manager.

Source: InnocentEnglish.com

No comments:

Post a Comment