Monday, October 12, 2009

Philippine Basketball's Memorable Quotes


Since the 2009-2010 PBA season has opened, this my little lovin' to Asia's 1st professional basketball league. Thanks to the Filipino forumers of Interbasket.net for the inputs...


"Congratulations to my teammates! I would also like to thank my parents, especially my mother and my father" - Johnny Abarrientos

"Patay na ba?" (Live life to the fullest) - Robert Jaworski To Allan Caidic

"Tao ka ba?"(I respect you as a player) - Robert Jaworski to EJ Feihl

"
They are living in fantasy" - Robert Jaworski to the BAP

"Wag Tayo Magpantasya" (I believe my son is a legit PBA Player, 1st 5 material) - Robert Jaworski to Powerade team Pilipinas and the basketball fans.

"If you dont want to get hurt in basketball, play chess instead" - Big J

"Well Joe, the ball is around" - Atoy Co

"Ok? Alright? .... Ok? Alright?" - Tim Cone

"If this is the United States, all of Ginebra players will be thrown-out in the 1st half" - Quoted by former Swift import Tony "Hurricane" Harris when he complained of ginebra's dirty tactics and physical plays on him.

"OK this is our play. Jerry inbound the ball. Glenn make a screen. Cap(Alvin) get the ball. Then Cap ikaw na bahala." - Chot Reyes when still a very young coach of Purefoods.

"I would like to thank my parents, especially my Father and Mother" -Freddie Hubalde

"LUTO! LUTO! LUTO!" - chants of the fans if wrong calls are made.

"We are the championship!" - Jun Limpot, on winning his first championship with La Salle circa 1990s.

"Akala siguro ni Helterbrand binibigyan puntos ang maraming dribble sa basketball. Yan ang wag na wag nyong tutularan mga kabataan nating basketball players sa Pilipinas"- Chino Trinidad

"Sumakay kapa!!!" - Noli Eala

"It's just another walk in the park for the sky walker"-The late Joe Cantada

"Eto ang sayo, Butata ka, welcome to the PBA" - Noli Eala
- One of the comment of Noli eala to the then MBA Superstar Rommel adducul when he made a shot and it was block by Marlou aquino in the 2000 ABC all star game held at the araneta coliseum.

"Susmaryosep!!!" -Noli Eala Commenting on Dany Seigle's poster dunk on Mark Telan circa 1999
(IRAN vs RP 2007 FIBA Asia Championship)

Quinito Henson: It's winning time!!!!! ( sound of ref's whistle) Ano yun? Foul!

Chino Trinidad: Technical! Technical Quinito ang itatawag!

Quinito Henson: Technical foul????!! I cannot believe this!!!

Chino Trinidad: Aray naku naman anu ba yan?!

Quinito Henson: Bakit???! Bakit???!! Huhuhuhu!

No comments:

Post a Comment